Sunday, April 19, 2009

Never Give Up, Never Surrender

well here we are again, sitting here on my bed writing about whats on my mind. So here we go lets do this thing.

First off i wanted to say that this past week for me has been a real battle with life. I had 3 tests and a research paper to write all within 3 days of each other, so needless to say that time was not enjoyable. I only managed to sleep like 15 hrs over the week and it was just horrible all the way around. But now here i am sitting and looking back on last week and i realize there was some good to come out of it. And what would that be you may be asking...........well its simple perseverance. Without such of a drive i would have given up on my studies and said forget it and move on to more important things like sleeping and having fun. But i didnt i buried my nose in the books and just studied and studied and studied till i coulnt even think. At one point i was up for 42 hours straight, which isnt enjoyable just take my word for it. Ya see fires refine who you really are and what your made of and last week i was cought in a rather large fire, testing every aspect of me. And through those flames i developed an extream drive, perseverance, motivation, whatever you want to call it. That fire light a fire in me to just never give up, to never surrender.........(ha ha thats a line from the movie 300).......anyways that fits perfectly though we today are in a constant battle, a war determining our fate. And ya see nothing good was ever easy........NEVER.......the best things in life are those you have to work at and work at and strive for, just like our walk with Christ. I am learning this both in my walk with Christ and with just my everyday life. Working and seeking and trying for something makes you want it more, it makes you value whatever it is your seeking more. This object of great importance now becomes very special, you want it and your going to do whatever you can to get it. And finally once that day comes when you recieve that which you have yerned for you will truely appriciate it for all it was intended. Thus perseverance was born.

So basically what i am saying guys is that nothing comes easy, you got to be willing to do some work and put in some time to see the results, but when you do its always worth it. So remember hang in there and be tough, keep fighting the fight.

No comments: